The Hall Group, a 50-year-old company, located in downtown Dallas, whose primary business activities include real estate development, ownership, and management, commercial real estate lending, vineyards and wineries, and private equity and venture capital is seeking to hire an Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities to include a wide range of accounting and financial reporting functions related to the company business activities and those of its affiliated entities. These include construction management accounting, accounting and financial reporting for commercial real estate operations including parking garages, commercial office buildings, hotels, and investor distributions for public and private investments/debentures
- Analyze and prepare monthly recurring journal entries and accruals
- Review and approve all accounts payable transactions
- Maintain all debt and amortization schedules
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly
- Produce monthly Financial Reporting – including Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow
- Support corporate and partnership consolidation and taxes
- Assemble annual budgets with variance analyses to historical financials
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and respond to outside-auditor questions
- Work with senior management as to monthly financial reporting
- Perform other accounting duties as required and assigned
- Assist on special financial analysis projects, as needed
Requirements - This position reports directly to the company Controller. We are seeking candidates with 8-10 years of relevant experience in accounting. A CPA certification is a plus. The successful candidate should have the following qualifications: self-starter, strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to multi-task, advanced Excel skills, good communication skills and experience working with the business owners.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com
Work Environment - Talented, driven group of associates who work closely as a team. Successful candidates will quickly have the opportunity to contribute to and impact company operations, grow in your knowledge and abilities, and receive compensation according to your contributions.
Benefits - The HALL GROUP provides a full complement of benefits, including a bonus program, health, dental and vision insurance, including HSA and FSA plans, 401(k) with employer-matching, life insurance and an allowance for fitness memberships.
Job Location - Dallas Arts District (downtown Dallas), Texas
HALL STRUCTURED FINANCE
Hall Structured Finance (HSF) provides construction, gap and bridge financing to entrepreneurial real estate owners and developers for new construction, renovations and repositioning of various commercial real estate projects, with an emphasis at this time in the hospitality sector. HSF pursues opportunistic projects where its liquidity, financial strength and real estate expertise can add value and facilitate project completion.
HSF is a division of its parent company, the Hall Group (HG). HG is a diversified group of companies with holdings that exceed $2 billion with primary companies focused in real estate development, ownership, and management, real estate lending, oil and gas, and vineyards and wineries.
HSF is seeking to hire a real estate finance professional with 2 to 7 years of relevant experience to help achieve its business goals. The position will be heavily weighted toward financial analysis, excel modeling, and preparation of internal loan recommendations for consideration of senior executives. Candidates must be a college graduate with a degree in real estate, finance, and/or accounting.
Job duties / Responsibilities:
• Assisting the HSF team in preparing written internal loan recommendations to HSF’s executive committee during the loan due diligence process including market research and analysis, supply / demand analysis, property / loan analysis, project team underwriting, competitive property analysis and quantification of local demand generators.
• Successful candidates will also be involved in deal underwriting / financial analysis, project due diligence, and will work side by side with HSF commercial real estate loan originators.
Job Location: Downtown Dallas, Texas
Education and/or Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, and/or accounting.
Ability to balance varied projects, and possess strong analytical, research, verbal and written communication skills. Successful candidate will need to be proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point applications.
Small office of talented, driven, people who work closely as a team. This is a great place to learn quickly, grow in your knowledge and abilities, and receive compensation according to your contributions.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Ollievette Christian, OChristian@hallgroup.com